Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bien Venito!

Hello Again All My Fellow Friends!

So its official. School has actually started again because I am now swamped with homework, and I am studying for class.  The hustle and bustle of college life gets to be exhausting at times!  So this past week I have gotten into some exciting things that I thought I might share with you guys.

So as I told you last time, I applied to be a tour guide at the UGA Visitors Center.  So this past Tuesday I went to go interview, and it was really fun! We were interviewed in a group format, so there were people there that you could freak out with beforehand haha.  Throughout the week 280 people interviewed for the 15 spots that were available, so you can tell this is a very competitive job to get.  It was sad, but I did not end up getting called back.  So, I wrote the director a hand-written note thanking him for interviewing me haha (suck up move I know, but hey, it works).

Aside from getting my dreams crushed from rejection, I actually had a very exciting weekend after that! On Friday night I went to a Titanic dance at Westley Church, and it was a total blast! I went with Meredith, Areshia, and a couple of guys that we have met from Freshley, and we were definitely looking fresh. It was supposed to be a dance for people to relive their bad high school homecoming dance, so everyone dressed up in semi-formal.  We pretty much did line dances the whole time, and it was just so fun. When the dance ended around 10:30 we headed to Phi Slam, which is the Christian frat on campus that has awesome dry dance parties.  We stayed there until around 12:30, and by the time we got back to the dorm I literally felt like my legs were going to fall off.  We straight up boogied down from 7:30-12:30. Talk about a serious workout.

On Saturday I went out to lunch with my friend Jack and one of his friends Andrew to his dad's country club.  I munched on a delicious turkey burger, and we talked all about our lives.  Andrew was actually in Legally Blonde and he was the UPS guy!  After lunch we went to my first basketball game as a student! We played Ole Miss and we ended up losing, but the end was awesome and I was on tv!!!!!! So it was a win in my book for sure haha.

Sunday I went to church, and along with Meredith and Areshia, my friend Brandon came! He had visited the week before, and I was so happy that he came back!  I am going to offically start teaching sunday school this sunday, and I am so excited. I am going to be teaching kids K-5th grade, and I couldn't be more excited!

As you can see things down here are chuggin right along, and I am trying to do as much as I can! (sometimes too much haha) This semester is going to be action-packed, and I cannot wait to see how it all unfolds.  Please keep me updated with all of your lives because I love hearing from you!

I love all of you guys,

Mason :)


mvb184@gmail.com

(828)231-0995

No comments:

Post a Comment