Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Workin' Woman


Hey Everyone!

So, I am finally here. I am living in Mooresville in my own apartment!  Mom, Looie, and I moved all my stuff in on Friday, and it still didn't sink in that I was actually going to be living there.  I have been telling people about moving to Mooresville for the summer since Christmas, but I don't think I ever really thought it would happen haha.  

Mom and I came down last Monday to check everything out in the apartment, and to explore the town, and thats when we realized we had a LOT of work cut out for us.  When we first walked in the apartment, it smelled so terrible, like I was holding my breath it was so bad.  We got a furnished apartment so we wouldn't have to move furniture, and the furniture consisted of not one, but two recliners, a coffee table, two lamps, a tv, a toaster, and a bed.  Seriously minimal stuff here.  However, I was still excited because that meant that we could really do whatever we wanted!  

Here are the before pictures:


































With a little bit a creativity, and some paint and nails, we spruced this place up! So here are the after pictures:

 
The Wardrobe Room

The Relaxation Station

La Cocina

Sleepin Space


My first night sleeping there was last night, and it was nothing short of weird.  I have been going non-stop since I have gotten home from school, constantly surrounded by people and things to do.  But last night I got home from Callen's state track meet, and I literally had nothing to do.  I was just alone.  I immediately had to turn on the radio just to get rid of the silence, and after dancing around I felt better.  I spend like three hours unpacking, and organizing, because I just needed something to do.  So, once everything was perfectly organized, I finally had to just sit down and chill.  I thought I could make some dinner, but I really wasn't hungry.  I actually haven't really had an appetite at all since I got here, but I think its just the nerves about my first day tomorrow.

The internship I am starting tomorrow is with Penske Racing, and I am going to be working with their PR, Advertising, and Business departments.  At this point, I really have no idea what I am going to be doing, and I think thats the part that scares me the most. Since I'm not a die-hard race fan, I am kinda scared that I will just look dumb because everyone else will know so much about racing.  Thats why today I have been studying up a storm on everything NASCAR and racing haha.  If you guys have any input help a girl out!

On a separate note, I mentioned that Callen went to the State Track Meet yesterday.  She made it all the way to State in TWO EVENTS! (thats really good by the way)  She competed in the Triple Jump, and the Pole Vault (she was the first place conference champ in both, the third place regional champ in the triple, and the first place regional champ in pole vault--pretty much she is a beast).  Anyhoo, after the move in on Friday, Mom, Looie, and I all went to Greensburo to meet up with Callen and Dad for the State Meet.  Because we were so proud, Looie, Mom and Dad, and I all made posters for our little champion!  



Callen ended up not doing as well as she wanted, but in the end it was a win because she met the guy who tweets #polevaulterprobs!! I am so proud of Callen, and I just can't believe there was a Burril who even made it to State!  That is an accomplishment in itself.

All in all, it has definitely been an exciting weekend! I am going to try to blog as much as I can about my life this summer, so stay tuned!

I'm not quite sure what my mailing address is yet, but I will be sure to let you guys know as soon as I find out!  I love you all, and please keep me in your prayers!

Peace and Adventures,

Mason :)



1 comment:

  1. Mason! Reading your blog, only makes me smile. I miss you sweet girl! Hey, whats your address up there in "big-girl-land"?

    ReplyDelete