Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Time is Love

Howdy Wonderful People,

Life in the good ole peach capital of America has been nothing short of dull! There hasn't been any football games for three weeks, so people just get crazy 'round here.  As for me, I have been on adventures every weekend in October! First I went to Charleston, then I went on the Freshley Retreat, then I road tripped it up to Raleigh to visit Callen, and this past weekend I took friends home to Asheville for Fall Break!

Since it was Halloween weekend, of course we had to attend the blow-out costume party at Pac Tavern dressed up in the finest garb around.  We decided to go as everyone's favorite relative...Grandmas!  It was completely hilarious, and people all over downtown stopped us to ask for a picture! The Grannies busted a move on the dance floor, and of course had to end the night at the local Waffle House for some hashbrowns and chocolate milk.

It's Granny time.
Can't touch this
Took a brake from Bridge to boogie down

Back in Athens, I feel like I am just living life in fast forward.  There is only four weeks left in this semester, and it seems like I just got back to school.  I am going to start applying for Grady School of Journalism and Mass Communication and the School of Family and Consumer Sciences in November, and once I have finished that I get to focus on my next semester abroad in Italy! There are so many things I still want to do before I leave, but there just isn't enough time in the day. Along with working on my Grady and FACS applications, I am looking for internships for next summer.  I really want to stay abroad and get an internship in the UK because they speak English and it would be an amazing experience!  If you guys have any ideas let this girl know!

Despite all the mumbo-jumbo going on for the future, life in the moment is pretty sweet.  I have made some amazing friends here who love and support me.  I am constantly surrounded with people who are ambitious and driven, and that just encourages me to achieve my best.  

Other than the ole school life, my friends and I are still doing a lot of cooking!  Our blog, collegecontessas.blogspot.com, has been getting a lot of traction.  It has just been so fun exploring the world of food, and it is something that everyone has in common too!  This past weekend we tore it up in the Burril kitchen, and it was probably one of the best meals ever if I do say so myself. We will be writing all about it on the College Contessa blog within the week!

Cornbread and Chicken y'all

It the midst of all the crazy it is always nice to sit back and write to you guys.  I think looking back on the recent events always gives you a good perspective of where you are in life.  From where I am sitting there is so many flavors of life I want to try, and this is the time to taste-test them all!  I just have to keep praying and know that where I am right now is where God wants me to be.  

Time is Love,

Mason :)



No comments:

Post a Comment