Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Confess the Dress

I have to say that dressing for work was probably one of the parts of my Internship that I was most excited for!  I have looked forward to dressing in business attire ever since I can remember.  So, pre-internship my mom and I hit up the more professional stores and we bought pencil skirts, blouses, slacks, flats, and heels! Ahh my dream right there!

DAY ONE
So, my first day of work was a huge deal. I was going to debut my style to the entire office (and garage full of guys), and it was going to tell everyone at Penske what they were in for.  I emailed my boss to check with the dress code, and he simply said "business casual"...umm can we be a little more vague?  Are dresses a no-go? Should I wear heels? So many questions going on in my head.  But I finally just decided that I was going to go with something I was comfortable in, and something that would say "Yes. I am awesome."This combination turned into this master piece below...


From top to bottom:
-Orange Blouse (tjmaxx)
-Kaki Pencil Skirt (Banana Republic)
-Brown Belt (Goodwill)
-Nude Pumps (Target)
-Gold Oval Earrings (Gift from Nana)
-Pandora Bracelet (Gift from Aunt Weezie)

Sadly, this work of art was only worn for half a day because I turned out spending my first day working in the warehouse stacking boxes.


DAY TWO

Since I was going to be working in the gift shop for the rest of the week, I was going to have to hold off on my heels and pencil skirts and stick to slacks and flats.  But is that going to stop me from barging through the fashion frontier? I think not!



Top to Bottom:
-Coral Scarf (Stolen from Callen's closet)
-Navy and White Striped Shirt (Forever 21)
-Black Ankle Length Slacks (Target)
-Gold Skinny Belt (J. Crew)
-Nude Flats (Target)
-Pandora Bracelet




DAY THREE

It was finally time for me to get the official "Penske Logo Work Shirt".  I just had to stick the the uniform for the remaining week in the gift shop, but of course I was going to add my personal touch.  


Top to Bottom:
-Penske Logo Work Shirt (complete with a half-zip at the collar!) (I-ZOD)
-Red Ankle Length Slacks (Gap)
-Chetah Print Flats (Target)
-Gold Oval Earrings (Nana!)

So, this was pretty much the standard outfit for the next two days as well.  Woot woot for uniforms!




DAY SIX

Today was the day I was moving to "carpetland"(aka office spaces), and I was back to my business casual!  I wish the camera on my computer could capture the awesomeness of my pants, but sadly it doesn't.  They are high-waisted ankle length HOT PINK pants! So awesome haha.


Top to Bottom:
-Light Pink Silk Blouse (J. Crew Factory)
-Cropped Navy Blazer (Forever 21)
-Hot Pink High-Waisted Ankle Length Slacks (Banana Republic)
-Nude Flats (Target)
-Creamy Colored Shell Earrings (H&M)
-Pandora Bracelet



DAY SEVEN

This is the projected outfit for tomorrow. We have had some major rain, and so I figure that it was time to break out the boots!


Top to Bottom:
-Navy Blazer (Forever 21)
-Collared Blue Button-Down Dress (H&M)
-Brown Belt (Goodwill)
-Brown Zip-Up Boots (Target)







No comments:

Post a Comment