Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Fall"ing Through Life

Dear My Lovely Family,

It has been a long week, and filled with complete excitement! I feel like my life is flashing before my eyes!

The semester only has like 6 more weeks in it, and everyone is about to start registering for classes.  I am not sure if I will be able to handle 8 am classes anymore...But I realized that I only have a couple more classes I have to take that are required for me to apply to Grady School of Journalism. So that means that I will be able to take some fun classes, who knew? I am considering taking another p.e. class because they have some really fun ones like self-defense, and kickboxing!  But I guess we will see how that goes because I have a pretty late registration.

Anyhoo, on Wednesday night one of my friends, Ashton Hall, announced that she is getting married in May! Of course I freaked out, not only because I love weddings, but because I get to be apart of it! We are only 18 and its crazy to me that I have friends who are getting married.  We got on the subject of marriage because we were looking at apartments for next year,...apartments. I can't believe that I am looking for an apartment! Only old, mature people look at renting apartments!  This was all too much for one night.  Obviously there was going to be no more studying that night, and it was completely dedicated to picking out stuff for Ashton's wedding haha. 

Other than all of that crazy, school has not been that bad this week. I pretty much just got all of my midterms back, and I did a lot of socializing haha.  I got to spend some time with Emma Thompson this week, her mom came down and treated us to dinner. Soooo delicious! The fact that I was served something was slightly mind boggling. 

With so much going on and being so busy all the time it is hard for me to spend as much time on my faith as I should.  Since I have joined Student Government I am no longer able to go to Westley church on Monday nights for the freshman worship service, and it has truly taken a toll on me.  However, this morning at church a guy named Louie Giglio spoke about a girl named Ashley who was saved because her roommate Kristin showed her the Lord.  Ashley went from having zero faith at all, to being a believer within 14 days. 14 days was all it took for her to realize Kristin, who she called a fruitcake in the beginning, had something special about her.  I won't ruin the ending because it makes the story so much more powerful, but you all need to find it online and listen to the whole sermon. It truly brought me to tears. God brought me back to reality, and showed me that all I have to do is live for Jesus.  If I do that then I don't have to worry about all the little things. It's crazy how a God knows exactly what to say.

I cannot wait to come back home on Thursday! It is going to be so nice to just take a chill pill and watch t.v. on my couch and eat some honey nut cheerios out of a glass bowl.  Ahh that sounds so amazing right now!

I miss all of you and love you very much,

Mason :)

I am now posting my emails on my blog which is: www.masonburril.blogspot.com

Write me! I love your emails and letters!!

1 comment: