Monday, October 8, 2012

Midterms? Say what?

Hello Dears!

Fall is in full swing, and life is only getting more exciting day by day!  Midterms are running rampant around campus, and the lines at Jittery Joes are proof they are no walk in the park.  But I actually kind of like midterms to be honest because it really is a bonding time with everyone haha.  It's a time where you meet up with random people from your classes and unite in the quest for an A.  This semester I only had two midterms, and they really weren't that bad.  One was in Spanish and one was in Italian, luckily they were like three days apart, so it wasn't too cray.  

Warning: Midterms may cause you to steal peoples scooters for joy rides.

What is more mind blowing for me than my actual tests, is the fact that this semester is already half-way done!!  Like seriously. Time needs to slow down.  I am savoring every moment of being here because I am studying abroad in Florence, Italy next semester!!!!--Words cannot express my excitement people.  I have been watching every documentary I can find on Italian culture and Italian history.  There are some pretty good ones on topdocumentaryfilms.com.  But if you guys have any suggestions PLEASE let me know! I want to be fully prepared for some extreme Italian adventures y'all.

In other news, I took my first road trip of the year this past weekend to Charleston, SC to visit Looie, Michelle, and Mary Alice at College of Charleston!!  It was around a five hour drive, and it was so nice to just have some peace and quiet amidst the midterm hubbub.  However, when I got to Charleston there was not much sitting around!  I stayed with at Looie and Mary Alice's house (which is soooo cute might I add), and we were right in the heart of Charleston.  We literally walked to King Street everyday, and it was so nice to just soak in the beach air.  The first night I was there we went to meet some of Looie and Mary Alice's friends, and they were all so nice! 

It was really cool to see how College of Charleston was compared to UGA with like the social aspect and everything.  At UGA there are pretty much just rager parties with tons of people all over the place, but in Charleston they normally just have house parties with friends.  It was so nice to be able to walk everywhere too, and it wasn't like any normal stroll.  Everywhere you look you see beautiful buildings, carriage rides, and families on vacation.  In Athens, we really are just living in a bubble of college peeps, and it was nice to be reminded of the real world.  


On Saturday, Looie and I went to the farmer's market, and it was nothing short of ADORABLE! Literally loved it.  We walked around and ate every sample there was, and we bought pumpkins for a pumpkin carving party we went to that night with Looie's track team.  We also hit up the beach, and of course got some fro-yo, because no vacation is complete with out having fro-yo at some point.  Then Saturday night we watched the depressing UGA vs. USC game where we were pretty much beaten to a pulp.  It was definitely a devastating blow, but I will never lose faith! --Oh, and the next morning I found my car's UGA tag I have on the front ripped of and thrown on the ground by those chickens!! Real nice.

C of C Track Pumpkin Carving Party!


Sunday morning, I went to Michelle's house for breakfast where we were reunited once more!  Then I met up with Looie and we went to her church, it's called City Church and its in this awesome music hall.  Then after that we met up with Mary Alice and Emily, their roommate, for lunch.  Then after yet another decadant meal in chuck town, Looie, Michelle and I ended my trip with a stroll through town.  All in all, it was exactly the weekend I was needing.  A reminder of the wonderful people I am so blessed to have in my life.

Now after my weekend of vacationing at the beach, life is back to it's usual frantic ways.  Today and tomorrow is the Study Abroad Fair (which is soooooooo fun to go to), Wednesday I have a big meeting for ADPR Connection (a big event I am a Committee Head for), Thursday I am going to see Luke Bryan, and Friday I am going on the Freshley Retreat (I went on it last year and met all my friends haha)!!! So needless to say, this girl is straight up occupado. But that's how I love it!!

Us at Freshley Retreat last year!


I love and miss every one of you!! Please email me, call me, text me, smoke signal me, or throw a carrier pigeon my way, I would love to hear from you guys!

Peace and Adventures,

Mason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment