Wednesday, January 2, 2013

An Amputated Leg and a New Year

Hello Again Lovely People,

It is the start of a new year, and that means there are all new adventures to be had. 2013 is going to be a huge year for me, and for all of us I feel like.  Things are changing, people are growing, and everyone is beginning to find their way.

Over Christmas break I have had a lot of time to spend with my friends and family, and it truly has been wonderful.  God shows me how lucky I am everyday, and I just want to make sure I don't take anything for granted.  Over the past couple of weeks the Burril fam has whipped out our holiday traditions, as well as making some new ones.  We we to Santa Brunch, where there was a new Santa because sadly the real Santa had to have his leg amputated, we made homemade chex mix and Neiman Marcus cookies, and we even decorated a real live Christmas tree.  Can you say tis the season?  However we also brought in some new holiday flavor.  This was the first Christmas in like six years that we hadn't traveled, and I have to say that it really was nice just getting to chill out at home.  We even got to have Christmas dinner with the Black family, and it was so fun!  This Christmas had to be one of my favorites, but my thighs are definitely happy to see it go.

It is getting down to the nitty gritty here before I jet off to Florence, and I couldn't be more excited!  I just have no idea what to expect, and it's really exciting, but it's also super nerve-wracking.  I feel like there are so many possibilities, and opportunities to do fun things, but I mean I don't want to have to do them all alone.  Everyone says that there are so many students over there, and you meet people all the time, but I just hope I can find some good friends!  When I first get there I am going to have a couple days to just explore Florence, and then I go on my first trip to Prague with a student travel group, so I am hoping that I can find some good peeps to hang out with then!  But please keep me in your prayers! I am also going to be starting a new blog for all my Italian adventures (hopefully filled with tall, dark men), and I'll be posting there regularly.  When I get the blog all supped up I'll put the link on here!

Until I get to Florence, however, I have been interning for WNC Magazine!  It has actually been really fun, I feel like the magazine world is definitely my kinda vibe.  There is always something different you are learning about, and there is so much people interaction!  I started on the 27th December, and I am going to be working until I leave.  So far, I have tackled the event calendar for our March/April issue, which was surprisingly difficult because many people don't plan that far ahead haha.  Also, I was calling everyone right before New Years, so there was hardly anyone in their offices. Other than that I have chosen a couple artists that might be featured in the next issue, and I have been updating the website.  I think the hardest part is waking up in the morning...haha. But I really feel like I am learning a lot here!

I hope you are all enjoying this glorious Wednesday!

I love you guys!

Mason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment