Monday, February 13, 2012

All over the place.

Greetings All!

So how is everyone doing on this glorious day? I have to say that I am doing quite swell!  Last week was crazy stressful from all my tests, but this week is free and easy.  So...lets see, where should I start? I assume that you all might be getting bored hearing about classes, so lets shoot for some exciting stuff!

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this yet, but next year I am going to be studying abroad in Europe!!! I cannot tell you how pumped I am to live in another county, absorbing another culture, all while getting college credit.  How much better does it get? I went to a study abroad meeting, and I can basically go wherever I want to, I just have to choose what I want to study and where I want to go.  I have a couple cities in mind: Rome, Italy; Madrid, Spain; London, England; and Paris, France.  I know I want to go to a big city, so I just have to find the place that has some classes I want to take.  If you guys have any advice lemme hear it!

By studying abroad, I have set myself up for a lot of preparation.  I have to completely rethink my housing situation next year because I am only going to be here for four months.  So, instead of getting an apartment with my friends, I am going to have to live on campus with some rando people.  But I mean I am not going to give up studying abroad to live with my friends, so it's all good.

So you know how I am going to Jamaica for Spring Break?! Well the countdown has officially begun, and it is a mere 26 days away! I had no idea it was so close, and now I am kinda freaking out about how I am going to pay for it! So, you guys might be getting a little treat in the mail in the next couple of days :)  Going on this trip will honestly be so amazing, and I feel like I am truly being called to join these people to change some lives in Jamaica.  We have set up some awesome mission projects, and I promise to journal everyday so I can tell you guys all about it when I get back!

In other exciting news, this summer I am officially going to be interning with Penske Racing!  I have been chatting it up with Jonathan Gibson who is a VP for Penske (big stuff I know), and he is getting me all set up for this coming summer!  I think I told you guys a while ago that I was also applying for an internship with Seventeen Magazine. Well anyway, I ended up getting the internship there too, which was super exciting for me! Interning for Seventeen is a huge deal, but sadly I had to turn it down because of my Penske gig.  But the good thing is I have started a relationship with them, and hopefully they will keep me in mind for next year!  I just feel so blessed to be pursued by two awesome organizations. As my Public Relations professor says, "any experience is good experience".

Life down here is going pretty well, but I am going to be coming home this weekend and I am so excited!! I have missed the ole fam so much.  Shout out to Callen for going to state for pole vault!! My sister is a total pole vaulting champ.  Also, I want you guys to keep praying for all my friends in school because college is pretty tough on peeps, and also pray for Lily who is in Thailand (keep up with her blog on http://lilymcclureclarke.blogspot.com/)!!

I hope all of you have an out of this world Valentine's Day tomorrow! I will be going to see "The Vow" with a bunch of girls, then going swing dancing!

Holla at yo girl,

Mason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment