Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Flowers and Superpowers

Greetings Wonderful People,

So this has been a really tough week for the Burril family. We lost our dog Tulip this past Friday. She went outside around 4 in the morning, as she always does, and she got into it with some kind of animal. Dad said he heard Gadget barking differently than usual, so he went outside to see what was going on. When he got outside he found her about 30 feet from the house, with all of her ribs broken and her lungs filled with blood. Dad said when he picked her up it took all the strength she had to slightly give into his arms. She died in his arms shortly after.

In order to tell me the news my Dad flew through the rain on Friday morning down to Athens. Mom and Callen came shortly after because we were all so torn up. We spend the weekend reminiscing on all of our sweet memories and comforting one another. I cannot believe how much we were all affected by this. It is honestly like losing a member of your family, and this is the first death I have really experienced where I am mature enough to understand it all.

Tulip Burril was a very important part of my growing up, we got her when I was 9 years old. I was the happiest kid in the world when we picked her up from Wilson, NC on Febuary 12, 2003. Ever since then she has always been involved in our lives. She put us on the school bus in elementary school, went on our RV trips, flew with Dad almost every time he went, and she was always there to remind us how loved we all are. God blessed our family with a loving companion, and lifelong reminder of compassion.

We will all miss her dearly. She was our baby. We will never forget you Tulip.

Love,

Mason
This is the last picture of Tulip,
she was stowed away in my suitcase when I was packing :(

No comments:

Post a Comment