Monday, November 28, 2011

Back and Blessed

Hello Family!

It was so great to see all of you this past week! I have missed you all so much, and it was so refreshing to see some familiar faces.  While I was at home I kept thinking to myself how lucky I was to grow up with such amazing people.  Each one of you has made an impact in my life in some way, and I was always thankful for you guys, but it's not until now that I am realizing how blessed I was to be apart of this family.  Being at school I have gotten used to meeting new people everyday, and it gets to be exhausting at times.  I sometimes find myself having the same conversation over and over again, and it was nice to come home to some genuine laughter and real friends.

This week is going to be really hard, I have already spent the whole day today doing schoolwork, and I am going to be doing the same thing all week.  But something exciting that happened this past week was that Seventeen Magazine called me back about possibly doing an internship with them this summer!!  Most of you know that I have also been working on doing something with Penske Racing this summer, but I want to keep my options open.  But anyway, the girl that called me last week finally emailed me some more information today, and I am going to be sending in my resume tomorrow!! Please please please pray for me!!! This would seriously be the dream job for me!  I would get to live in NYC for the summer and work with the advertising department. Honestly even if they had me scrubbing the toilets I would be happy as a clam haha.  

Some other exciting things that are happening down here is the winding down of the semester. As of today I have 6 days of class left, and I already have a final this week!  Unfortunately it is my geology lab exam so I get to study rocks and fossils! I am seriously so happy that this class is going to be over, there is only so much of that nonsense a girl can take.  I also have a portfolio for english, my seminar final project, an econ final, history final, and ANOTHER geology exam for the lecture part of the class. But anyways, finals down here are supposed to be really exciting because people will camp out all night long in the Student Learning Center, and there is no class so people are just hanging out or studying for like a week.  

But before the study frenzy happens people are going to party down this weekend for the UGA vs LSU game this weekend!!! Apparently only a few upperclassmen students got tickets to go so there aren't any freshman going, but I cannot wait to watch this game with my Dad! I have made a friend on the football team so I'll be able to get a picture with him on the railing by the field in his gear!!  So pumped. Words cannot describe.  

Anyhoo, I have still got to read a whole chapter in my history book for class tomorrow, so I should probably stop procrastinating and do that haha.  

It was so great to see all of you this week! Oh and by the way, for some reason my email has been putting all your responses in the "Trash" so thats why I haven't been answering you! I am so sorry, and I got to read what you guys sent and they were all such sweet notes :)  PLEASE keep emailing me back because now I will actually be able to read them.  

Thank you all for being the best people in the world!

Love you,

Mason :)

Mailing Address:
0712 B Creswell Hall 
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30609

Follow me on Twitter! - masonnjar

I have a blog for my emails too! - masonburril.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment