Tuesday, November 8, 2011

No Sleep For The Restless 11/3/2011

Ello Friends!
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to write this email! Life has seriously been going by so fast, and I am going non-stop here.  There is so much stuff to do, and I have listened to many speakers here telling us how there is a triangle that we have to balance between sleep, school, and social. Well, I think my triangle is leaning toward school and social because I get around 5-6 hours of sleep, and there is no time to take a break!  
This past weekend I went home to the mountains, and it was so nice to see the fam without the craziness of homecoming.  Dad came and picked me up around 11 on thursday, and I was home by 12:30. I'm pretty much the luckiest kid ever. I mean who's Dad comes and picks their kid up in a plane?  But anyway, I spent the rest of the day working on a paper in Green Sage Coffeehouse while Dad was at work, and then I came home for a nice home-cooked meal. Yum yum! Then that night we went to the Chorus concert, and of course I sang along the whole time because I knew all the words haha! On Friday I went to J&S with Callen for breakfast and I got to hang out with all her peeps and talk about whats going on at Reynolds.  Not much has changed, the people are still amazing, but it was weird having all of Callen's friends talk about going to college.  Then I got to thinking, I only have 5 more weeks left of my first semester! Exciting and sad at the same time.  Later on I got my hairs cut and mom and I spent the entire day together!  Friday night I somehow got roped into working the concession stand at the Reynolds Football game in the freezing cold weather.  I was not to fond of the idea when Callen told me I had to do it, but it actually turned out to be really fun!  I got to see a lot of my Wyldlife girls and they were cuter than ever.  Saturday morning Mom and I woke up at the crack of dawn to go to the J. Crew Sidewalk Sale (so freezing, but soooooooooo worth it!!).  Then later on we watched the Georgia vs. Flordia game and it was a heart-wrencher! I was so happy when we won, I just wanted to go back to Athens because I knew it would be CRAZY!  On Sunday I went to church, and I had to go to the college class :( It was so strange not going to the youth room and hanging out with all the kids in youth group. I'm such a geezer now.  Anyway, I went back home, packed my stuff, and somehow ended up bringing way more stuff back than I came with...
So this week is homecoming week and Student Government plays a big part in all the homecoming events. Sunday night after I got back to Athens I stayed up until 2am street painting! The girl that had put all the stuff together was not really prepared (she went to the game...and to the beach...) so all the freshman pretty much did all the work.  It was soooooooo cold, but it really was fun. The next morning I had an 8am and I was so unbelievably tired. Mason=zombie. But I managed to write a paper and take a nap so it all worked out.  It was also Halloween so that night my 3 friends were the three blind mice and I dressed up as their exterminator!  It was so funny because we all looked ridiculous, and I even went to my Student Government meeting dressed up, and of course the Dean was speaking to us that night haha.  He kept giving me funny looks, but I just smiled haha.  
Anyway, I am really excited because I have signed up to go on a mission trip with the church I am going to here.  It is a Freshman-Only trip, and we are going to be traveling to Jamaica to work with the sister church there.  I have been praying about this a lot, and I finally just decided that I needed to go.  I have heard nothing but amazing things about it, and I really think God wants me to go. Its going to be an adventure trying to raise all this money ($1500), but I have already got some tactics up my sleeve!  
I love you guys so much! I can't wait for Callen and Dad to come see me this weekend! Please please please write me or email me anytime!!
Peace and Blessings,
Mason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment