Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

Hello Good People,

I just don't think I will ever slow down here.  This past week was homecoming week, and I am on the homecoming committee for Student Government, so I had a very eventful week. There was something to do every night, and on Friday I spent the whole day painting a banner and getting the float ready for the parade! Our theme was "Here Comes The Boom" and we had a cannon on the back with balloons everywhere, and it was totally awesome (of course it was...I was there).  But I got to ride on the float and throw out candy to little kids, and I felt oh so cool.  I did my little wave and my audience couldn't get enough haha.  But really... Anyways, it was even better since Callen and Dad came down to spend the night and go to the game! I got to give Callen the exclusive college tour and introduced her into dorm living, great stuff.  We went to a carnival at like 10:30 and rode the "Ring of Fire" and ate some fried oreos, needless to say she loved it.

On Saturday we went to the game and Callen got to come down and watch in the student section, and Dad played with the alumni band on the field!  Callen got to meet some of my crazy friends, and Dad actually had a solo during the marching band aftershow. After the game we went out to Lunch/Dinner (Dunch if you may) and it was sooo tasty.  Then we had to say our sad goodbyes :(

On Sunday I went to church with Meredith and her family (they had all come in from Virginia for the game), and then we went to Sunday brunch to use that chocolate fountain (now you see why I really wanted to come to UGA).  The rest of the day I spend doing the occasional homework while also watching Gossip Girl (totally dumb show, yet addicting).  Sunday night Freshley (Freshman church organization) had a scavenger hunt downtown where we were in groups and we had to find all the leaders who were dressed up as characters. My group consisted of like 6 girls and one guy, and we ended up winning the whole thing! Everyone (including myself) underestimated our ability; we somehow beat this group of guys who were maniacs, and it was great making fun of them.  

Yesterday my day was filled with classes, gym, homework, meetings, and finally sleep around 1:30.  Daylight savings has been such a blessing, I had no idea how good an extra hour can make you feel.  I somehow woke up 10 minutes before my alarm this morning!

All in all, my time here at UGA has been totally unbelievable.  I am so glad I decided to take the risk and go to a school where I would be put in unfamiliar settings and I could go out of my comfort zone.  I have gone to so many random events to try new things, and I have learned a lot about myself by doing that.  I feel like I am really growing into myself here, and I am confident my decision making.  I just want to thank all of you guys for being there to support me, because it really was you all that made me who I am today.  

Never forget how amazing life is, and God gave it to us to achieve our dreams!

Love Love Love,

Mason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment