Monday, October 10, 2011

10/10/2011 Glory Glory to Ole Georgia

Hey Everyone!

So I last week turned out to be pretty good despite all the stressing out over my midterms! I studied harder than I ever had for a test, probably ever more than my AP Exams haha. I knew everything that was on the test, but now my fate is up to my TA (teaching assistant, aka grad student), which freaks me out haha.  Anyway, I have 2 more midterms this week as well and I CAN NOT WAIT until they are all over and I can just take a chill pill. 

In other news, I went on my Student Government retreat this weekend! It was so fun! We went to this apartment complex thing and stayed in the clubhouse over there, yes, a club house (can you say living there next year??). Anyway it was great because I was. surrounded with students who are just as driven as I am, and out of the 250 kids they were the best of the best.  It was crazy because we were only together for a total of 21 hours but we managed to get so much done haha.  The Freshman Forum is split into 5 color groups and I am in the teal group. We decided that we needed that we needed a mascot so he is a turtle with some crazy name that I cant even remember haha.  But each color group has 2 Personal Advisors and they are there to help the freshman out with whatever they need.  Each P.A. is invloved with  different organizations and they are there to help us find our way.

While we were there we got to choose a couple organizations to hear about from the PAs, and the one I was really interested in was the Visitors Center.  I think that going around and telling how awesome UGA is would be the best job ever hah! The guy that was talking about it said that it was really competitive so it would be hard to get a job there. He said last year there were over 100 applicants and they only chose 10 people. Can you say tough?

But most importantly on the retreat I got to meet so many new people! There were people there from all over, and the cool thing is that those are the people that are going to be the leaders at UGA. They are the ones that are going to lead the world someday and I get to be apart of that.  Each person had such different talents, passions, and dreams for their lives.  One thing that really left a mark was that they kept saying that no dream is too big. One of the directors from last year wanted to write screenplays and produce movies in Hollywood, and now he is actually living in LA right now doing just that.  That blew my mind, and I was so thankful that I was surrounded by these awesome people. 

Tonight is my first official SGA meeting and I can't wait to see how everything is going to work!

Anyways, this week I am finally getting to come home!! The plan is for my Dad to come pick up me and Meredith on Thursday afternoon! I am so excited you don't even know hah.  I could write so much more, but I have to stop avoiding studying haha. You guys can just talk to me this weekend!! Ahhhh can't wait to be home haha.

Love you all!

Mason Burril

P.S. I started a blog!! I am actually just posting all these emails on there so everyone can see them and it is super cute hah. The website is masonburril.blogspot.com. You guys can follow me and comment, and if you have any friends that are reading my emails you can just tell them to check the blog!

P.S.S. I still love getting mail :)
My address is:
0712 B Creswell Hall
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30609

No comments:

Post a Comment