Wednesday, October 5, 2011

and the beat goes on.

This week has been yet another wild ride! I have some really great news! So you know how I was thinking about applying to Student Government Association? Well, I actually ended up doing it, and I got in!! There are two groups I could have made it into, one is the Freshman Board (this one is 15 freshman that deal with legislation, and is a bit more formal) and the other option is the Freshman Forum (this one is 60 freshman that deal with service projects, and leadership activities, and they get to do a lot more hands-on stuff). I was accepted into the Freshman Forum, and I am soooo happy about it!! We are having a little retreat this weekend off campus, and it is a total mystery to me what we are actually going to do there.  But I'm sure it will be fun!  There were over 200 people that interviewed to be in SGA, and all the people that I knew that applied didn't get in. So I am not going to know a single person on this retreat (story of my life right now haha).
On Friday I had gave my first "I love UGA, you have to come here, its the best" speech to one of my friend Josey Hammond's cousin.  I had met him this summer at Wild Dunes but I had no idea he was interested in UGA.  Anyway, I walked in the the dining hall for lunch and he is standing there all alone looking totally confused. Of course my first reaction was to run up to him and freak out! But I gave him the tour of the dining hall and then he asked me to tell him all about UGA. So we sat there for about an hour while I rambled on about how much I love college, and it was totally great! I felt so collegiate. But I am pretty sure I brainwashed him into being a dawg, because he was so pumped when we were done haha. So if you want to convince anyone to come to Georgia, call me. I am the  UGA master.
On Saturday Dad came down to visit me and go to the Mississippi State game! He got here and he watched the game with my friend Meredith Raiford's dad ,Frank Raiford (I think I mentioned him before, but they were roommates in college, and now I'm really good friends with his daughter, so cute...I know!) But Dad and Frank ended up sleeping in Meredith's dorm together so it was like a roommate reunion! Except for the fact that they were in a girls dorm room with flowers all over the walls haha.  But they went to church with us Sunday, great day!
So, this past week I have been studying like crazy for my first real midterm. I am pretty much scared out of my pants about this one.  I only have 4 grades in this class (Post Civil War History) and I pretty much have to ace this thing.  I am going to be taking it tomorrow morning so pray for me...kinda freaking out here! But thats the reason I didn't write last night, I was in the study room till about 1 in the morning studying.  We actually got a pizza delivered to the student study center! But everyone is studying hard core down here because we are all dealing with HUGE tests :(
All this studying nonsense is going to finish up soon because I'm coming home for the A.C. Reynolds Homecoming game on October 14th!! It will be the first time I've been home since August 9th, and Meredith and Areshia are both coming home with me!  I cannot wait to see Callen and Mom! The mountain air is going to smell so great. I am also really excited because one of my best friends, Lily Clarke, is going to be home from Europe! She has been there since graduation and I have missed her so much! Please everyone pray for her safe travels home from Barcelona.  
I love every one of you! Please write me back if you want! I love to hear from everyone, it makes it easier to be away.
Hugs and Kisses!
Mason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment