Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Life of a College Kid

Dear My Fellow Followers,
College life has not slowed down at all. There are still endless things to do, and being my usual self I keep finding more and more things I want to do!  However this past weekend I finally took a break from the wonderful place of Athens and went home to Asheville!!
I literally cannot explain my excitement about coming home. I left right after classes on thursday and hit the road jack! Dad was supposed to pick Meredith and I up by flying down, but the weather ended up being really cloudy so he drove instead.  When I finally started seeing the mountains of Western North Carolina I was freaking out and I think Meredith might have second guessed coming home with me...haha. The leaves were absolutely perfect and the mountain air smelled like sweet, sweet heaven.  When we pulled up to the house I finally got to reunite with Tulip and Gadget! They were cuter than ever, and of course Tulip was sufficiently covered in poop (as she always is).  When I went inside Mom and Callen came running to me and it was like one of those really cheesy movies where it was completely over exaggerated, but hey, thats how the Burril family rolls.  Then I finally saw Lily Clarke come out of the kitchen!! She is one of my best friends, and I hadn't seen her in months because she has been traveling all over Europe by herself!  I was such an epic moment.  Anyway, we had dinner and chatted all about college, friends, Europe, the new reynolds principal, and pretty much everything else you can imagine.  Then after dinner I finally got to sleep in my own bed. You have no idea how good that was...my bed is like a little cloud in heaven sent down for me to sleep on haha.
On Friday Meredith, Lily, and I pretty much spent the whole day at Reynolds. We technically are not allowed to be in the school, but we pulled a mission impossible and stayed all day haha. It was the day of the homecoming game so there were homecoming videos that we watched, then we went and sang with Mrs. Bryant and Chorale, and then we went to Chick-fil-a and snuck in 7 chicken sandwiches, and 6 cookies and cream milkshakes (yes, it was as radical as it sounds).  Later in the day Looie finally got home and Looie, Lily and I got to have a reunion, so epic!! But then that night was the homecoming game and we got to spend the night cheering on the rockets with all my friends from high school! 
Following the game we all went to Waffle House for some hot choco, and then went back to Looie's house to hang out like the good ole times!  
Saturday was filled with a late breakfast, hiking, and Callen's homecoming dance.  She wore a little black dress and rhinestone earrings that I bought for her in Athens. Of course she looked adorable if I had anything to do with it haha.  But she and Nick Gritta (her main squeeze these days) took some pictures and headed off to dance the night away (so cute!!) Meanwhile, I went out to dinner downtown with the girls, Meredith, Areshia, and Michelle Black!!  After the dance Callen had about 20 of her friends over and I invited like 10 of mine over, so the house was rockin pretty much all night long.  You can only imagine how crazy 30 teenagers can get, props Mom and Dad haha. 
All in all, the weekend was nothing short of amazing.  
In other news, I got my midterms back from the past couple of weeks. It turned out my studying paid off because I got A's on both of them!!! Thanks for all your prayers :)
Since I have been back at school I have already done some crazy things. I had my first official Student Government Senate meeting, and it was totally not what I expected.  There were all kinds of bills the senate was voting on, and people were all over the place arguing about it. It was pretty much like watching a boxing match, but people were throwing punches with their MINDS!  
I have also been spending my newly found midterm-free time on some really cute websites that I'm sure all you ladies out there will enjoy.
  • Pinterest.com (Its a website where people just post really cute things)
  • modcloth.com (really cute vintage clothes!)
So while I have been wasting away my time looking at ridicuous girly things, I found this link about curling your hair with a sock. It sounds crazy, but I did it last night and it actually worked!! I'm going to post the youtube video link so you guys can watch it haha.
Shout out to Aunt Weezie and Nana for the letters!!
I love all of you guys!! Please keep in touch with me!
Mason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment